Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Unbelievable

Well, it has been a few months since I posted. We have had an insane summer. We sold our house in May. We received our financial aid package for PhD school for my husband. It was crap. Since we both have full time jobs and on paper (via our 2010 tax return) we make good money, we did not qualify for much in the federal loan department. Private loans had interest rates of 10-20%. After four hours of discussing our future, we made the painstaking decision to call off the whole PhD school thing. Let the freak out begin! We sold our house, so we had less than one month to find a place to live. We didn't want to buy right away, so that meant we had to find a DECENT house to rent. Much harder than we realized. Luckily, a friend stepped in and saved the day. Next up was me trying to get my job back. I called my former principal (I had literally been released from my contract for one week). I reapplied and she told me that she would contact our personnel director to explain the situation. One week after I applied, I got called in for a "formality" interview. I had to go buy a damn suit! What a mess. I interviewed and was offered a different position in the district...first grade at a different school. I jumped on it immediately, eager to begin working for my old principal. I felt much better and was so thankful that my district had offered to rescind my resignation due to the circumstances. Next up was moving, finding a new babysitter (since our old one decided to retire), and finishing my grad class, all while juggling a 3 year old and a new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment