Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Accidental Housewife

This blog post is aptly named. I have all of a sudden found myself as a housewife/stay at home mom and have wondered "how did this happen?". I am thrilled that I get to spend time with Brody and Zoe. Brody will be starting preschool this fall, and so I get to be one of those moms that drops off and picks up her kid each day. So excited! I am also pumped about not having to "pump" at work anymore. I breastfed my son for an entire year. This was very difficult while working full time as a teacher. Gone are the days of pumping and eating (at the same time) on my lunch break. I literally had 30 minutes from the time I dropped off my class in the lunchroom to the time I had to be back out to the playground to pick them up. During that time, I somehow managed to eat, pump, and even go pee. It was a freaking miracle. I was never able to pump enough for the next day, so each night, I had to tap my frozen milk supply. How stressful this was! I am NOT going to miss those days! I will however, miss the social interaction with adults that I had daily before. I am a homebody though and am content with hanging out most days.

I am starting to find, however, that this whole housewife/stay at home mom thing is a work in progress. It is something that I'm having to figure out, not something that comes as naturally as I'd hoped. I'm sure I'll get into the groove soon. I never thought I'd ever be a stay at home mom, so there is definitely a learning curve for me. In my defense, most new stay at home mom's don't start a grad class the day after their 2nd child is born. There have been many adventures so far that I find myself thinking, "how did I get into this predicament?". I hope you enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment