Thursday, May 19, 2011

Holy Spider Batman!

Well, apparently I needed Batman on the day I found a ginormous spider in our basement. We had a pile of junk that we were planning on getting rid of in the corner of our basement. I am planning on having a garage sale, so I was trying to get things ready. I was going through some stuff when I happened to look up. There, resting on Brody's folded up Thomas tent was the biggest spider I have EVER seen! I jumped back and thought, great, this isn't a spider I can just pretend I didn't see. I knew that I had to kill it because it was over by Brody's toys. I started looking for something that I could hit it with. I finally settled on an old winter boot.

So there I was standing in my basement, iphone and winter boot in hand. I had to take a picture of this thing. It took me about five minutes to get up the courage to smack it. As I was standing there, boot in hand, I realized that I was really sucking at this whole stay at home mom thing if I couldn't kill a spider. Luckily, Brody was at daycare that day, but I knew that I had to kill it soon because Zoe could wake up at any minute.

I finally got up enough courage to hit it. I smacked at it, and of course, missed. It fell down between the wall and a box. So, I slowly pulled the box away from the wall...no spider. Then I slowly started turning the box toward me looking for the spider that I knew had to be on the box. As I turned it, I finally located it, sitting on the side of the box. Again, I freaked out and couldn't smack it at first. When I finally did, I missed AGAIN!! This time, the spider jumped off the box and started running toward the wall. I finally had it on flat ground, so I just started smacking the crap out of it. I finally killed it! It was then that I realized I was shaking. I grabbed a paper towel and scooped it up. I set it on our trash can in the garage so that my hubby could see it if he wanted. We tried to Google what type of spider we thought it was, but could never figure it out. All I have to say is that I have never seen a furry spider that big (larger than a half dollar coin), and hope I never have to see or kill one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment